• Once Cochran pimped his Twitter handle at last year’s reunion and got 100,000 followers overnight, the floodgates were pretty much opened. As a result, tonight was a shameless display of Twitter promotion. Aras got the ball rolling by confusingly mentioning how he has one-upped his brother by buying a bunch of Twitter followers, which was a weird thing to do because A) He hasn’t. And B) Is there anything lamer than buying Twitter followers? Why would you want to tell people you are doing that? Especially when you’re not! But then Hayden did him one better (or worse, as it were) by not even attempting to come up with a reason or jokey way of doing it. Instead, he straight up shilled: “And everybody out there should follow us on Twitter!” he mentioned. Okay.
• THIS JUST IN! Kat has a boob job! Evidently, she got the boob job because she was petrified that her boyfriend would dump her for not making it to the merge so she made it up to him by scoring some clown boobs. What I really don’t understand about all of this is, why get the boob job, then wear an outfit that completely covers the boob job, but then make a point of making sure that everyone knows that you got a boob job? No wonder Probst was so confused.
• How classy is Tina Wesson? Her son was tragically killed just two weeks ago, but she shows up anyway to use the Reunion as a platform to remind people to use their seat belts so they don’t have loved ones die as she did. And Katie matched her class act with her plea to donate to Philippines disaster relief. Love those ladies and wish them all the best as they continue to deal with their loss.
• I guess some people are bummed out there was no Fan Favorite award this season. Not me! It saved us all from weeks of shameless begging for votes from the contestants, so I say good riddance!
• Survivor: Cagayan! Its brawn vs. brains vs. beauty. The preview didn’t show a whole lot except for the letter “B.” But I can tell you a bit more about it. Such as: All new players! Want some more scoop? Then check out my interview with Jeff Probst.
Okay, this has reached truly absurd levels, this recap has, as we close in on 5.000 words (another reason to excuse the army of typos you likely have already encountered), so I need to wrap this bad boy up. But before I do, a word of thanks to all of you for once again joining me on this journey or blood, water, snark, and strategy. Hope you’ve had as much fun as I have. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and for all your nice comments. And we’ll do it all again for Survivor: Cagayan come February. A few programming notes though. In addition to the aforementioned Survivor: Cagayan preview article, go check out my Q&A with Jeff Probst about the finale and reunion and keep your eyes peeled for exit interviews with the finalists. [UPDATE: My interview with the victorious Tyson is now live!] We also have an exclusive deleted scene from the finale in the video player below as well as my pre-game interviews with the final seven (look how far they came!). And let me do my best Cochran/Aras/Hayden impersonation and remind you to follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.
But now it’s FINALLY your turn. Did the right person win? Did the jury get too personal with Monica? And how do you feel about Kat’s new top heaviness? Hit the message boards to let us know. And have yourself a very merry scoop of holiday crispy. See ya in 2014, y’all!