Image credit: Jack Rowland/ABC
SMILE, THOUGH YOU'RE BEING POISONED Rena Sofer's Queen Eva shows young Snow how to die with dignity. Sniff!
Can anyone identify the flowers that inspired Snow's name? They looked sort of like longer-bloomed Lilies of the Valley, though I'm no expert (clearly). Update: Cleverer commenters than I have confirmed that the flowers are snowdrops, which do in fact flower in the winter. Perhaps by coincidence, they've also got magical powers in Neil Gaiman's Stardust.
- Man, were Little Snow and Eva's dresses blingy. Is Liberace the royal couturier?
- Turns out that Bae/Neal is engaged to a woman named Tamara (The Good Wife's Sonequa Martin-Green). The plot, she thickens.
- Just as Bailee Madison looks uncannily like Ginnifer Goodwin, Rena Sofer looks uncannily like both of them. Bravo, Once's casting team!
- If you don't understand why Cora and Regina want Rumpelstiltskin's dagger, well, tough titmouse, because it was only explained about a billion times tonight.
- Henry tells Emma he loves New York pizza because "it's delicious, cheesy, and doesn't lie." It's also not passive-aggressive, unlike some people.
- A poisoned Rump gets pretty close to throttling Henry. Looks like the whole grandfather thing hasn't really changed his plan to kill the kid.
- Proof that Once's writers read your comments: When Cora shifts out of the Blue Fairy's shape, she shudders and moans, "I hate that outfit! I don't know how that fairy stands it." Hee!
- David Is Ineffective, Chapter One Hundred: He pulls out a gun during the clocktower confrontation, and Cora instantly magics it away.
- Regina's horse and Don Quixote's horse share a name: Rocinante. Quick, someone explain how this is really an elaborate Lost reference.
- Oh, and by the way: Cora is definitely the miller's daughter, of "Rumpelstiltskin" fame. And next week, we'll learn how her younger self (played by Rose McGowan) and the Dark One first got entangled. I smell weird sexual tension and candy.