Image credit: Jack Rowand/ABC
PART OF ONCEWORLD Look at JoAnna Garcia Swisher; isn't she neat?
- Before ditching the MBC, Regina tries to teach Emma how to spin anger into magic. The Savior's still not living up to her full potential -- but her abilities have to come into play before this interminable Never Land storyline comes to an end, right?
- And on a similar note: It seems safe to guess that Henry won't be saved at least until episode 9, helpfully titled "Save Henry." So get ready for two more weeks of this!
- Another hint about Pan and Rumpel's past: The boy knows the Dark One's favorite breakfast. Maybe they were both short-order cooks at the same evil cafe.
- Ariel, trying to remember what to call that pesky doo-hickey humans use to shovel food into their mouths: "Mini trident? Salad trident?"
- Regina earns quadruple quintuple points for conclusively proving that Ghost Vision Quest Belle has, in fact, been Pan's shadow in disguise this whole time.
- Also, for blithely breaking a henchman's neck after sneering, "No, death looks more like THIS!"
- Maybe the section this week should be renamed ReginaCrumbs, because here's another tidbit: The queen tells Rumpel that she won't let him die at anyone's hands but her own. So comforting!
- Rump, too, got in one awesome line when Regina picked up that conch: "If you think summoning a giant squid is the answer, I've already tried that."
- Think the Once team meant to make the cave rescue scene look just like the opening of Toy Story 2?
- Ursula the Sea Goddess is actually real... and she's none too pleased with Regina for impersonating her. And she's also voiced by Community's awesome Yvette Nicole Brown! Please, please, please let the real Ursula show up in a future episode. I understand if she doesn't have time for a cameo, though; after all, she's a very busy woman.